Monday, July 16, 2007

Three Special GIRLS

Today was a very special day for me.

Sixteen years ago, a young college girl answered an ad I posted at my college sorority house for a babysitter. At the time, I had a two year old and one on the way. She was THE BEST sitter we ever had. She was so special to us, that we have kept up with her all these years. Imagine the shock when she asked me to be her matron of honor three years ago. Yes, girls... at 42, I donned a blue taffeta dress and proudly marched down the aisle with the other young gals! What a day!

And now, I get to be "Aunt Jan" to two precious little girls.

I love to watch how God brings people together. Who could have dreamed that the cute little sorority girl would become such an important part of my life? Last year, Joe (15) and I flew to Texas to help with the birth of her second child. And now...I will fly back during the holidays to help with the new baby!

The Lord brings people in and out of our lives for a reason and for a season. As I write this, my feet are propped up on a chair because my "dogs" are barking. We helped host a party for my very best friend who is moving to Kansas. (I told her Dorothy really wasn't happy there...she preferred Arkansas...) But I will write more on that tomorrow!

I included a picture of the older girl (2 1/2) playing with my dog, Ozzie. Isn't she precious? The picture is at the bottom of my blog. I hope to have more pics tomorrow! Hopefully from the party last night!

Blessings,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart