Friday, July 20, 2007

Can I Drive?

Well, the day finally came.

I took Joe (15) to get his driver's permit. We drove to the state troopers office ,(where they told us we were in the wrong place) and found the NEW building allocated for teenage drivers. It's amazing how quickly you forget everything you need for a permit. I just did this three years ago with Bill!

Joe made a 96% on his test and asked if he could drive home. "N.O. No!" I answered. "Let's drive around our neighborhood first."

So we did.

And, yes, we are still alive.

Actually, he drives quite well for the first time out of the gate. "The brakes are your new BEST FRIENDS!" I tell him. "When in doubt, slam on the brakes!"
We drove around the neighborhood practicing left turns, then right turns, then up and down hills. We only had one close call when four mailboxes jumped out in the road on my side. (just kidding)

All in all, my baby is now driving. He and his dad are out right now practicing...and I'm at home praying....

I'll keep you posted.

Blessings,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart