Friday, July 27, 2007

Ah...Summertime





Are these not the cutest pictures you've ever seen? Kenneth snapped the one on the left when Joe was coaxing Ozzie into the pool. He's actually sitting on the first step. We've put Oz in the water a few times so he could find the steps in case he ever fell in the pool.

He is the funniest dog, ever. He runs around the pool while I swim laps each morning. Then licks my feet and legs while I try to towel off. At night, he waits patiently on Joe to go to bed. Since it's summertime, Joe is the last to sleep and the last to get up in the morning...ah...the lazy, hazy days of summer.
Looking at my calender last night, I counted the number of days till Bill moves into the dormitory--20! I still can't believe it. And 22 days till Joe starts school. It's going to be mighty quiet around here during the day time...But I hope to put the finishing touches on my novel that I've been writing for four years. I've probably worked on it more this week than any other time this summer. Bill works nights and Joe works late afternoon (yard man) so the mornings are free to write. I'll let you know when I finish!
Yesterday, I blasted the neighbors with Travis Cottrell's praise and worship cd while I worked in the yard. I think that particular cd draws me in to worship more than any other cd I've ever owned. I just lift my hands in praise then dig up another weed! Someday, there won't be any weeds to dig and we'll get to worship for eternity:) Won't that be fabulous!!!
Well, I am off to the laundry room. I am soooooo far behind on my ironing that Kenneth is going to be wearing his pjs to the office if I don't get busy. So until tomorrow, have a great day!
Blessings,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart