Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Shop til you Drop

Hello there girls!

Today, Joe and I took a little road trip north. We drove 2.5 hours to Springfield, Missouri to meet a friend. I'm really not much of a shopper, but I gotta tell ya, I had a blast today. They have a GREAT--no AWESOME mall! I kept thinking that it couldn't get better, but we'd turn the corner and voila! Macy's, Ethan Allen, Dillard's and on and on...Dillard's was having an incredible sale. 30% off the already discounted prices. I had to catch myself from drooling on the jewelry!
The mother of Joe's friend (who lives in Springfield) and I walked around for 4 hours and shopped until we dropped while our teens did the same--without us of course!

We were in one store, trying on costume jewelry (rings) and were laughing so hard at ourselves that a security guard soon showed up and positioned himself close to us! We just kept on trying on hats and rings. I'm sure someone probably whispered "TWO NUTS IN COSTUME JEWELRY...POTENTIAL PROBLEM" in his earpiece because he kept pushing it in his ear and looking our way.

I actually bought one of the rings. (at 30% off, why not?) But what makes the story so funny, is that I have really fat fingers. Seriously, there's nothing dainty about them. Arthritis has claimed my joints and my ring size varies between an 8 and a 9. So, I was telling this friend about how I have a big head and big fingers and what sizes to look for in rings and sunhats. We were howling looking for these big rings! And lo and behold, I saw the security guard checking his fingers!!! It was a hoot.

Tomorrow, I will post a pic of my new size 81/2 ring...I'm too tired from shopping and driving all day. We stopped at Blockbuster for a movie and in the new selections, they had The Ghost and Mr. Chicken with Don Knotts:) Of course I grabbed it right up! I remember my sister and I watching it in the late sixties and being scared to death. Is that a hoot??? It's not scary at all, but we thought it was...I guess it was the organ music.

Oh well. What a blessed day with my teenage son (he's my baby even if he is 15..) There won't be too many more days like today.

Until tomorrow,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart