Sunday, July 1, 2007

One Man One Woman

Well, as they say, "the best laid plans..." This was true for me today. I had planned (and prayed) that I would be able to attend Sunday School and church. I have been the lucky recipient of a virus (courtesy of my husband, Kenneth) for the last few days and was still too sick to get out of bed. Staying awake until 3:00 a.m. didn't exactly help anything either. My precious doctor, who just happens to be my hubby's best bud and golf partner, was sweet enough to see me yesterday after he and Kenneth finished their rounds in our annual Fourth of July tournament. (My man shot even par, by the way:))

It was not a pretty. Picture this:
  • I am wearing the same tee shirt and shorts that I slept in
  • I have serious bed head
  • No make-up (at 46, that's never a pretty picture)
  • He is looking at my throat with his wife's flashlight
  • He makes an "ew" sound. (I think he would probably deny that... being a professional and all)
  • He says, "That's a lot of white stuff on your throat alright; but it's not strep."

All of this while his sweet wife shows Kenneth the new granite countertops they installed in their kitchen. Somehow, even new granite just ain't doin' it for me...

So...off to Wal-Mart armed with a new prescription to add to the eight prescriptions I already consume for various ailments. Ain't life grand?

Kenneth suggests a chocolate malt for the poor sick girl. Yippee! Everything is better with chocolate, right? After attracting about ten flies inside his truck (courtesy of Sonic) we head home.

As of today, I missed an engagement party for two of our former university Sunday School students, a Saturday afternoon wedding for two other university SS students, and the big Fourth of July music worship service at church. But...I did get to spend time with Abbie, my former university SS student who spent the weekend in and out of our home; as she was a bridesmaid in the Saturday wedding. God is faithful!

Tomorrow, I hope to post pics of my three men, Ozzie and Gracie, and perhaps me. Although I really don't do photos anymore!

Blessings,

Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart