Sunday, August 26, 2007

Three Men and a Mom and a Dog and a Guinea Pig










Well, after reading the post about Amanda's cute Beckham, I just had to put a photo of out beloved "Miss Scamper" who went to be Lassie, Rin Tin Tin and all the other great canines before her. She was the BEST dog we ever had and probably ever will have.

This portrait was a gift from my hubby on our twentieth wedding anniversary. We'd been in Naples, Florida on vacation one year and stumbled into a gallery off the main drag. There was an artist whose paintings were so realistic that we thought they were photographs. Kenneth kept his card and VOILA! on December 17th he presented me with the best present I've ever received in my life. (wonder how he'll top it with twenty-five coming up?)

Anyway, the amazing thing about this portrait is that it is taken from a Christmas card photo that resulted after much screaming and gnashing of teeth by my boys--grades 8 and 5 at the time. I remember fighting with them over wearing matching shirts. Joe (on the left) is actually wearing navy pants but the artist changed them in the painting. Now Scamp is gone and Bill is off at college and Joe is in high school. BUT, I still have my beautiful portrait.

Our resident Pooch, Ozzie, is shown two or three posts below. You can't miss him. He's the one floating on the raft in our pool :) And below is MY guinea pig Gracie who happens to be a male (don't tell him though) who lives in the laundry room. (S)he is a very lovable and beautiful animal. (S)he and Oz actually play together. Isn't that a hoot? And yes, I know s(he) is a rodent, but I do not care... So are squirrels...And I love them too.




Until tomorrow, my five faithful readers,


Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart