Thursday, August 30, 2007

Men's Night Out


Well good afternoon my five faithful friends!

It's Men's Night Out at our house which means that I didn't have to cook dinner tonight. Yippeeeeee.!!My three guys go to a local steak house and order steaks bigger than my laptop. No frills, no tablecloths, just tamales and steak. The great thing about this is that our oldest son who is now a freshman at the University of Arkansas (cue Razorback fight song) can meet his brother and dad since their favorite steak house is right bt the campus.


Being Men's Night Out and all, I get into the action by serving up dessert and hoping that Bill can come home and have a slice with us. I've posted the photo of a chocolate mayonnaise cake.

Now before you get totally grossed out by the name, let me just say that the cake is unbelievable! It was my mother's recipe and let me tell you---it lasted about 24 hours at our house when I was growing up! We four youngins loved it something fierce.


I can hardly stand the excitement of getting to attend Deeper Still thanks to my new precious Siesta Sista KIM!!! I can't wait to see her and all of my other new BFFs. :D


Tomorrow I will try to post the recipe for this cake. It is FABULOUS.

I may just have to have a small piece with my coffee and scriptures tomorrow morning.

Hmm...Jesus and chocolate!! It just doesn't get much better.


Blessings,

Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart