Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Countdown: Two Days Left

Well ladies, the day draws near. I can't begin to tell you all the feelings that are going on inside right now. This morning when I stumbled into the kitchen for my coffee, I saw BOXES stacked in my kitchen floor with BH on all of them. WHAT? His boxes should read FIRST ROOM ON THE LEFT AFTER THE KITCHEN AND ACROSS FROM THE FRONT BATHROOM for crying out loud. Good grief! After the initial shock, I gently opened his door and saw that most of the posters were rolled up, the cd's and dvd's boxed up and a WHOLE lot of dirty clothes crammed into a laundry basket. In just two days, my son will move into the dormitory...the one that is air-conditioned...without his mom or dad or his little brother...
*On a happier note, it is official: We get to add one more (let's hear it) ARKANSAS RAZORBACK to the list. Yes, boys and girls my oldest on can officially sit in the student section of Razorback stadium with the other 75,000 screaming fans like his mother and father before him.
*Okay, back to reality...Joe starts HIGH SCHOOL on Friday. He actually drove us home today from Missouri. Other than a few dips to the right (where those really annoying tread things are)
he drove great!
*On a happier note, there will be less laundry and groceries. A lot less noise. Fussing with his sibling. Fewer "Shut the door! It's 103 degrees" yelled on a daily basis.

BUT TODAY, AT THIS MOMENT, I WOULD RATHER HAVE THE NOISE, MESSES, LAUGHTER, LOUD MUSIC, AND EMPTY MOUNTAIN DEW CANS IN OUR HOME.

Blessings to all,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart