Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Help! I'm all Alone




Well, Bill is settled comfortably in the dorm (ahem...residence hall) and Joe is now in high school. I am still here...washing laundry and talking to the dog and guinea pig. In that order.

Move in day went reasonably well. It was amazing to see my son unload his belongings on the sidewalk. A pickup load full of stuff. Stuff. And more stuff. When we found his room, one of the beds had not been lofted, and the other bed was too short. So, K and I found a maintenance man and resolved the problem. Then, we discovered mold was growing on the wall behind Bill's bed--right where he head would be resting for A YEAR. So, K and I found a custodian and resolved the problem with a little bleach water. Now...what makes all this so funny, is that while we were resolving problems, Bill and his roommate were busy loading their dvd's into their spiffy dvd rack that they had purchased for a mere $20. I mean, priorities right? It brought back so many memories!

I must admit, my biggest problems included matching comforters and curtains. And a coordinating carpet square. Aah......the differences between boys and girls!

Now, if this isn't enough change for one girl, my three closest buddies have moved! One to Kansas, one to Oklahoma, and another to Alabama. Yikes! A whole lot of changes are going on around here.

Today, I will continue to wash, clean, and listen to a little Beth Moore while I fold the 17 piles of laundry that have magically multiplied in my laundry room. So...have a good day and I will talk to the three of you who actually read this crazy thing tomorrow!

Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart