Saturday, October 11, 2008

TEXAS FIGHT

Ahhhhhhhh...the Texas-OU game is on! And I am sitting here watching it alone. Normally, Hubs and I spend Saturdays together watching SEC football. But he is on the golf course and Joe is at work.



Being a native TEXAN I long for the state fair, Fletcher's Corny dogs and anything else deep fried that is served. I read this morning where they are actually serving deep fried bacon. We used to go the state fair and the game (if we could get tickets) . I have great childhood memories of this. The zipper, tilt-a-whirl, ferris wheel, and, of course the petting zoos. Big Tex absolutely blew me away as a little girl! They have added some new



Since Hubs is a native Arkansan, he HATES all things TEXAS. My sons get a kick out of listening to us when I list all the things I love about TEXAS and Hubs lists all the things he dislikes about it. What can I say? Twelve years of TEXAS history will do that to you. (just kidding, I think it's more like four)



Gotta run. Halftime is over and OU has the ball. Gotta get my Hook 'EM ready...



Plus, my HOGS are playing AUBURN pretty soon but it's on the radio. Besides, we'll probably get stomped again...



May Sam Houston watch over y'all.



Jan



ps DERN IT--OU just scored. My blood pressure just took a hike. It's 28-20

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart