Monday, October 6, 2008

Bummer...

Tonight I should be with Hubs in Kansas City eating a big hunkin' slab of cow at the Mad Ox. But guess what? I'm sittin' here in my ratty pjs reading everyone's blogs. And it stinks. Yes, it stinks. I would rather be in the cute little outfit I just bought from Belks hanging on to my man's arm waiting to order cheesecake and coffee. It was a birthday surprise (sort of) even though my birthday isn't until next week.

Why am I not there you ask? Because my stinkin' arthritis flared up Saturday and I was in the bed for two days. (that rates at least 3 poor babies, don't you think?) He has a meeting tomorrow and the plan was for Bill to come over (Mr. Collegeman) and stay here with his brother. But nooooooooo my body didn't cooperate so here I am eating my second ice cream sandwich. (they're minis...don't worry...I am not pigging out here)

There was a very bright spot this weekend, though. One of my former college SS girls (who is in graduate school somewhere else) came in town for the ball game (if you can call the whoopin' we took a ball game) and stayed with us. I LOVE it when my college girls come back to see us. It's so neat to see them grow in the Lord and get plugged into new churches wherever they land after college. Plus...girls smell nice. Very nice.

Which explains three men and a mom ...in case you ever wondered.

It's 8:20 and I'm going to bed. Good night. Sleep tight.

Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart