Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Short but Sweet

Hey there!

Today my post will be short but sweet as I am swamped with laundry and housework.

I had the sweetest moment yesterday and I just know that some of you gals will appreciate it.

Yesterday, I went to the little church down to road to cast my vote. It was pouring rain and the temperature was dropping quickly. I hurried into the gymnasium to find a HUGE number of folks standing in line to cast their vote. I hate to admit it, but I actually considered turning around and going back home before the rain turned to snow.

But....because I am so proud of my voting record (haven't missed one time in about 15 years) I decided to stand in line with the other wet republicans and democrats. After I showed my drivers license and recited my address from memory, I started to sign my name. As I plopped my hand on the printout I noticed something familiar: MY SON'S SIGNATURE!

I know I gasped because the senior citizen working the table asked me if I was okay. I replied that yes, indeed, I was okay but look! that my 19 year old son's signature!!! Today was his first time to vote!

What a mom moment.

One day I'm teaching him that the brake is his best buddy--and the next I get to sign above him at the polling booth. Life is good. Thank you Jesus!

Until tomorrow,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart