Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Germy Dreams

My 16 year old, Joe, came down with a lovely stomach virus that is reeking all kinds of havoc on our school. I filled in for the high school secretary yesterday. She took her daughter back to Union. (Union was the Christian college in Tennessee that was hit by the tornado last week). Needless to say, I spent the day talking to parents of sick children. Now...I am one of those. I pray that I don't get it. Especially since I was swimming in germs yesterday! Not to mention the three 16 year old boys that spent the night over here on Sunday night. Come to think of it, I've been swimming in germs for three days now. YUK

Maybe that's the reason I had such a wacky dream last night.

I am speaking at a ladies retreat in March. I had spoken to their coordinator yesterday on the phone and we finalized all the details.

When my head hit my germ-free pillow last night, I was thinking about that weekend and praying about what the Lord wanted me to say. Next thing I knew, I was standing in front of a group of women wearing a pair of CUTOFFS and a WESTERN SHIRT WITH NO SLEEVES. I think I looked like that cable guy on the country music channel. If my attire wasn't bad enough, I realized that I had brought a bag of HALLOWEEN CANDY and that was it! No bible, no outline, no props, nothing! I kept throwing candy at the crowd hoping it would last for an hour.

Lucky for me, Hubs has a trial this week and was up at 5:45...my nightmarish dream was put to rest early. (Let me just say that we never, ever get up earlier than 6:45 unless it is for something work or church related. Or of course, for a sick son)

Hopefully, I'll follow through with a real plan and not embarrass myself next month. LOL

Blessings,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart