Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm Back and Badder than Ever!

Greetings and Salutations!

Yes...my laptop is back from major surgery. It was stripped down to the bare nuts and bolts; cleaned, polished, and looks good as new! I am a happy girl to have my baby back.

So...today is the fifth day that Joe has been home with the flu. I, Dr. Mom, have diagnosed influenza. Even though we all get flu shots every year, at least one of us gets the flu. And this year...it is Joseph. I went to Wal Mart at 9:00 last night to purchase another bottle of Delsym and I got the last one. All the cold/flu medicines were sold out. The pharmacist said it hit hard this weekend. Around here, when the college kids return to campus they bring a whole lot of germy critters with them. And unless you are Bubble Boy, chances are you're gonna get some germy critters too.

So, enough about that. I have something fun to report. A friend recommended me as a guest writer for our state convention's newspaper. I am writing five (very short) Sunday School lessons for March (or is it June?) I can't remember. I just know that the deadline is February 8th. The topic is on faith. I am so excited! I am hoping to work on those this afternoon after I finish the 17 piles of laundry multiplying on my laundry room floor. It's so weird being asked to write. I don't know why--I guess because I don't really consider myself a writer. Never have. I've just lucked into a few writing assignments here and there. I did semi-flipout over the paragraph that asked for a glossy photo of myself. That was all I needed to have my roots colored, eyebrows tweezed and colored, and a trip to the Clinique counter for a some overdue firming cream for my crow's feet.

On another note: this is HILARIOUS.
This morning I awoke around 8:00 am. Since Joe is ill, hubby has let me sleep in (is he a great guy or what?) I looked over and saw my dog, Ozzie, sleeping on hubby's side of the bed. Not just curled up, mind you, but head on pillow and covers up to his neck. It was like those photos you see at Hallmark of the Weimerainers dressed in people's clothes. For a second (a very short second) I pondered on how the dog managed to pull the covers up since he has NO THUMBS.
I heard hubby laughing from the bathroom. He was up at 4:30 thinking about work and took advantage of the quiet morning to do a little computer pecking. (By the way, hubs was the one who put the dog in the bed--for any of you sleepy siestas out there) Ozzie is now curled up on the sofa dreaming about the power of opposable thumbs...

Well........that about wraps it up for me. I shall attempt the laundry now if I can wade my way into the laundry room.

Until tomorrow,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart