Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Thank You for your Prayers

Hi there my five faithful readers! I have returned from the big city with incredible news! As you know, I was in Houston for 7 days and 7 long, long (did I mention long?) nights. I got to play aunt/nanny/ babysitter to three incredible kiddos while my friend had major surgery. The story is long. So here are the highlights:

  • "A" left for the hospital at 4:00 a.m. on Monday morning. Little (5 pound) baby G and I spent our first night together getting to know each other. Very well, I might add.

  • Each morning at 8 a.m. I fed a 2 year old, a 1 year old and got them ready for daycare while their daddy showered. They all left and baby G and I got to spend the day together.

  • Each afternoon I loaded baby G in the Suburban and drove through TRAFFIC to the daycare to retrieve the two girls. And yes, I had THREE CAR SEATS in a row. Which, BTW, all buckled differently. FOR THIS PART I SHOULD RECEIVE AN HONORARY ENGINEERING DEGREE FROM SOME PRESTIGIOUS UNIVERSITY...

  • Each afternoon we played games, changed numerous diapers, snacked and sang songs.

  • Dinner, bath time, and bed followed with the usual 20 questions about when Mommy was coming home. Is her boo boo better? And where is my purple bunny?

That is the daily rundown. Which, to you young siestas out there, is about what every day is like for you. But for this 47 year old, it isn't anything close to what my every day is like at this stage in the game. PTL

Now on to the important stuff. Here is a list of how our sweet, sweet LORD answered your prayers:

  1. I remained pain free for an entire week.
  2. I didn't catch any daycare germs, although there was an abundance of green snot for everyone and their cousins.
  3. Toward the end of the week, I actually got 4 hours straight sleep instead of 2.
  4. A's surgery took 1 hour and 45 minutes instead of the predicted 4 hours.
  5. They did not have to remove any part of her lung, ribs or diaphragm.
  6. She came home in a record 5 days--not 10 to 15 days as predicted.
  7. I drove from the suburb to downtown Houston without swearing, crying or hitting another car. (actually, I did begin to cry one time when I drove under Highway 59 four times and still couldn't figure out how to get up on the silly thing...)
  8. No lab results are back, but the pulmonary doctor is 99.9% sure that it was not cancer.

I felt your prayers like I have never felt prayers before! Even when I was caring for my terminally ill mother. I thank you from the bottom of my tired heart! I have so much more to write, but will do it tomorrow. There are many funny stories to tell on myself...oh, so many...

Give God glory! He is faithful and merciful!

Until tomorrow,

Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart