Friday, November 9, 2007

Autumn in the Ozarks and Prayer Request


Hello there! I have been on a picture-taking binge this week. Probably because the leaves are spectacular this year. I posted two pictures I took with my phone. They do not do the trees justice, however. But if you zoom in and put on red glasses you'll get the effect...
This morning I was lucky enough to drink coffee with my oldest and dearest bff, Elizabeth, (the traitor who moved to Kansas). She was in town for a girls' weekend since hubbies are off in the woods shooting at BAMBI and all his friends. Five of us were able to meet at Panera's and talk about our oldest children who all started college this fall. Except Alice, who has about 20 kids scattered here and there. NO...seriously, she only has four and three are in college.
Anyway...Miss Kansas brought us all a little gift of packaged chocolate covered sunflower seeds--coated in purple and white: Kansas State colors. They are soooooooooo good! I'd never seen them--much less tasted them.
All of which has absolutely NOTHING to do with anything except--well--that was the highlight of my morning. Which brings me to my main reason for posting today. I have a very serious prayer request that hope my fellow Siesta Bloggity Buddies will take to heart.
Sunday afternoon, I will fly to HOUSTON for seven days leaving my hubby and Joe at home.
My good friend, A, is having a softball sized tumor removed from a lung. The doctor's will remove the tumor, part of a lung and two ribs.
This is the young woman (36) who used to babysit my boys when they were babies. She has a 2 year old, a 1 year old and now a 3 week old baby. The baby was born prematurely (5 weeks) but was able to go home last week, praise God! without an apnea monitor or oxygen etc. I am taking care of the baby 24/7 by myself for 7 days. The little girls will be at daycare until Ipick them up in the afternoons. A nanny will come in from 6 pm to 9 pm each evening to help me with dinner, bath time, bed time etc. so her hubby can go from work to the hospital to be with her.
I covet your prayers, ladies! With my RA and fibromyalgia this is no small feat. I am asking that you all pray for the following:
  • complete recovery for A after the surgery
  • strength for her hubby
  • NO GERMS FROM THE DAYCARE
  • complete rest and calm for me
  • complete calm and health in my home
  • mostly: for God to be glorified in all of this

This young woman is like my daughter/little sister. She is precious to me and my family. It's funny because both of my boys were preemies (2 pounds and 5 pounds) and she took care of them as a young college girl looking for some extra spending money. And here I am--taking care of her baby who isn't even due yet.

What I love most about this story is that they found the tumor when A was in the early stages of pregancy. She and her hubby chose to carry this baby as long as she could which was life threatening for her. I am so proud of her for choosing life.

So............if you girls would please pray I would appreciate it. I have plenty of quilting and sewing and writing to take with me, but it's never the same when you're away from home.

I will send pictures if I can. Until then,

Jan



Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart