Monday, November 26, 2007

Gobble Gobble

Good morning fellow bloggin' buds,

I am happy to report that Thanksgiving at the H house went off without a hitch! This was our fifth year to be in our own home with just the four of us. Since my mom passed away 5 years ago, we lost our central meeting place in east Texas. It was a great location for all of us (mainly because she was a Proverbs 31 woman to the nth degree) since our family consists of my two older brothers who have seven kids between them and their spouses and my kids and family friends, etc. etc...we were fortunate enough to have a house large enough to hold about 20 folks!

Those were great Thanksgivings filled with lots of great memories (except for the time my twin nieces showered us with head lice... but that is another story for another time) but the time has come for us to build our own traditions and memories.

Bill's girlfriend was with us on Thanksgiving day and throughout most of the weekend. (she is precious by the way) So, there were two, count them TWO, women in the house! I cooked all day Wednesday--which meant that all I had to do was throw the bird in the oven on Thursday and heat things up. Joe was as happy as a pig in a poke because he got to veg with his brother and play video games all day and night. Life is good!

I settled in for a weekend full of SEC football. And can I just get an AMEN to the ARKANSAS game?! Hellooooooooo LSU fans! I was so stinkin' nervous throughout the zillion overtimes that I had to relocate to the kitchen and clean out cabinets while listening to the game on my midget tv in the kitchen!

And how about that TENNESSEE game? Patty, my Siesta buddy from somewhere in TN probably stroked out during their game! I haven't ventured over to her blog yet, but I just imagine it is solid orange today.

Finally, I thought alot about being thankful this weekend. Sometimes I get so wrapped up in the day to day things of life that I forget what is truly important to me. So, I shall list a few things that came to my mind this last weekend:

  1. A husband who loves me unconditionally after 23 years and 342 days.
  2. Two teenage sons who know Christ and love their momma.
  3. Two older brothers who still seem 15 and 18 to their kid sister.
  4. A life full of godly girlfriends.
  5. Two new bloggin buds.
  6. A new friend at HomeLife magazine who gets my warped sense of humor.
  7. Second chances.

And finally, a Savior who never gives up on me!

I hope y'all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and are ready to dive into the holiday madness. Until tomorrow!

Jan


Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart