Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Happy Birthday to Me

Hey there my five? faithful readers!

I am happy to report that I am officially back in the swing of things. I had to take a break for a while but am back in full bloggity force. My 47th birthday was October 13th (Saturday) but we are in full celebration mode today. We thought my brother, Pat, would be visiting us from Mississippi, but his business plans were changed yesterday and he couldn't make it. Needless to say, I am VERY disappointed because he is my favorite brother. (Pat, if you are reading this, don't tell Mike. He thinks HE IS my favorite brother)So...Bill is coming home from the dorm, and the four of us are headed to Bizzy's for dinner. At our house, the birthday person gets to pick the restaurant. I love to eat at Bizzy's because it has something for everyone! And let me just say that it is hard to please all four of us at the same time when it comes to food.

Hubby purchased a Chocolate Caramel Cake from Rick's Bakery. It is sitting in the refrigerator as I write this. (There is, however, a bit of missing icing from the backside...draw your own conclusions.) I must say that I love birthdays. Not so much for the gifts (although hubby rocks at gift giving) but because it is the one day where pink, purple, and lime green (my favorite) flourish at a house filled with men. There are no dirty dishes and I get to wear my pink fuzzy tiara. Seriously...

So, tomorrow I will describe my birthday cake and its gooey, chocolate covered self in much detail.
Until then,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart