Monday, October 22, 2007


Good afternoon girlfriends and my son Bill and nephew Bill (don't act like you don't read my blog because I know you do...)
It's raining cats and dogs outside and is about 50 degrees. I am loving it! I have stayed home all day today being a most excellent wife. Yes, you read it correctly. A most excellent wife.
I ironed, baked cookies, folded laundry and mailed a few cards. Wow, am I tired. But tonight is Monday, which means that I shall sit in the family room with hubby and watch Monday Night Football while I work on some embroidery. Hmmm...this is sounding more like Proverbs 31 each minute. HA HA But seriously, I did read Proverbs 21 today and a few lines smacked me upside the head. See what you think:
  • It is better to live alone in the corner of an attic, than with a contentious wife in a lovely home. Prov. 21:9
  • It is better to live in a desert than with a crabby, complaining wife. Prov. 21:19
I don't know about you, but the option here is pretty bad. Can you imagine living in the corner of the attic? Hmm...perhaps we really should speak kind words to our husbands and kids. What do you think?
On another completely random note, I took a few pics of my hydrangea bush. We missed the spring blossoms because of a late freeze, but it is full force this week with lots of flowers to come. Enjoy the pics! Until tomorrow my 2 faithful readers,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart