Monday, September 22, 2008

Has it been 25 years?

This is the new fountain that was built long after I was there.

The front of the house where we use to wait for the bus to shuttle us up the hill to class.

A friend from Oklahoma who I had not seen in 25 years.


Valerie, Misty and me. We were in the same pledge class.
Yesterday afternoon I relived my college years. My college sorority won the national award for best chapter. This is a HUGE. The Arkansas chapter has won it two years in a row. The only other time in 99 years that they won the award was in the forties. Let me just say that we DID NOT WIN IT WHEN I WAS THERE--WE DIDN'T HAVE THE GRADE POINT. (what can I say? we were more about hair and having a date to the Hog games)
I had not been to the house in over 10 years. I don't do the alumnae club. I really enjoyed the four years I had with my friends but that was then and this is now.
Until...I saw three women that I hadn't seen in 25 years! And they have daughters living there now. I had a blast!! We walked through the house and looked at our old rooms. We found our pictures on the old composites. Talk about a shocker...Eighties hair was not pretty friends...and don't try to convince me otherwise.
All in all it was a beautiful day. The cool, crisp air brought back so many memories of fun days going to ballgames. When our biggest worry was making it to class...lying on the roof of the laundry room to catch some rays...and finding that perfect date.
I am soooooooo far from being the typical sorority girl today, but it was fun going back in time for a little while.
Blessings,
Jan



Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart