Monday, September 15, 2008

Van Gone




I said goodbye to a good friend Friday. My blue minivan. It has driven many boys over the last five years. Stinky, sweaty teenage boys with shoes big enough to ski on...Sonic cups littered the floor on most days. Beth Moore's teaching cds blew through the speakers.
Hubs and I calculated that I've been in the minivan business for almost 20 years. TWENTY. I'm not sure how that can happen since I'm only 29 years old. LOL


My tenderheartedness was short lived. Hubs went out and bought me the cutest CONVERTIBLE you've ever seen! I was shocked. I've never really been a car person. But that could all change :)
Anyway, I've driven all my girlfriends around town and on the interstate. The mountain air is cool and crisp right now and the leaves are just beginning to change. Hubs has a meeting two hours from here tomorrow and I think I might just tag along for the ride--since he's taking my ride!
The funniest thing is seeing my sons' expressions. Joe (16) took one look at it and said, "I'll never drive it will I?" I was rolling on the floor. Bill (19) went for a spin and just shook his head.
Our kids see us as MOMS. Period. They forget that we are 18 year olds trapped inside forty-something bodies. At least, I am.
Ooh, a friend just called and wants to ride. The laundry will have to wait.
Blessings,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart