Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Enough is Enough

Sometimes you gotta put your size 5 1/2 foot down and say, "Enough, already!" That's precisely what I am doing today. I have sat in the recliner, laid on the bed, and had enough pain pills to supply a small nation. Seriously...this has been the summer from south of the eternal border but it ends TODAY.

I made it to Sunday School yesterday. I knew I couldn't do church and SS so I chose to go where people would hug my neck and lie between their teeth saying how good I look. And am I glad I did. Our teacher (who is one of the ministers) taught on David and Goliath. By the end of the class I had decided that my five rocks would be as follows: a can of Pledge, Febreze, my 8# Oreck, Ozzie's dog hair brush, and some serious Tide. Nothing defeats Goliath like a good cleaning. IT WAS SO PATHETIC... I'd dust a while and sit a while. Febreze a chair or two and sit a while. Fold a load of towels and sit a while...

But, God gave me the strength to lift myself up and get on with life. It's like my precious grandmother used to say as she swatted mosquitoes from the rice farms in southern Arkansas.
"Do what you know to do, honey. And everything will be just fine."

Girls, sometimes you gotta do what you know to do. When your teens are being, well, teenagers. When you feel like the south end of a north bound mule. DO WHAT YOU KNOW TO DO.
I read part of Daniel yesterday afternoon. He did what he knew to do and am I glad he did :)

Blessings,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart