Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Happy New Year to my friends in Blogville!

I am sitting here watching my beloved Hogs get stomped by the Missouri Tigers. It is now halftime which means that the pot of chili "blending" in the crock pot is ready for consumption (this makes the three men at my house very happy...) Even if the Hogs lose, the chili was good. I mean, we're talking priorities, right?

My computer is in the hospital which explains why I have not posted in such a long time. I hope to get it back before Jesus returns because I am totally lost without it. Which shocks my teenage sons because I am forever asking them how to do simple tasks on my poor, sick HP. Since Bill is home from college I have LIMITED access to his sleek, black HP laptop. I feel so computer savvy just clicking away on this baby!!!

So...a little bit about the holidays. Let's see...on Sunday the 23rd, I started a three day long "vomitfest" which nearly killed me. No amount of popsicles, Sprite, or gingerale was tolerated by my poor body. My rheumatologist was in Austin so I had NO ONE to call in some good drugs. I kept thinking I could finally lick it on my own, which, if your know me, you know that I have never had a decent immune system. Oh, the power of positive thinking... I looked so lovely on Christmas Eve...I could have played a corpse on Law and Order if they had called. On Christmas morning we found a doctor who was able to call in some good medicine and within 8 hours I was back to normal.

I must admit that I have never opened Christmas presents from the horizontal position.

IT WAS PATHETIC

I sooooooooooo don't recommend it. But all in all, they guys had a good time. They even told me that I could hold my own in a POWER PUKE CONTEST !!!! You young mothers of boys out there: This is a huge compliment. May you join me some day in the company of such talent...

I have tons more to post, but halftime is over and it's time to call those HOGS.

Hogs and Kisses,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart