Sunday, June 14, 2009

Where Have I've Been, You Ask?

Okay. So it's been like TWO MONTHS since I blogged. I can't help it. Seriously. I've re-entered the workforce like a meteoroid colliding with a 10 year old. (terrible metaphor, but it really happened this week)

I am sooooooooooooo busy now. I love it. I had prayed for a new direction since I am one year away from being a REAL empty nester. And I prayed for God to find me a spot where I could share the gospel because that is my passion. VOILA. Loving Choices Crisis Pregnancy Centers!

We just finished our second fundraiser for the year. LIFEWALK. Check out the slideshow on our webpage. www.supportlc.org. We raised over $24.000 and it was our very first time to do a walk. Praise God! We begin free STD testing this Tuesday and we were praying for $20,000 to kick off the STD testing. God blessed us with $24,ooo. Isn't that just like HIM?

And, not to boast or anything (actually I am because I worked my ever expanding rearend off)
I raised $2005 myself. My new BFF from work, Sharon, beat me by a measly, stinking $100.
Dadgummit. But it's all about saving the babies, right? You better believe it. So...that's what I have been up to since I posted last.

We fight the abortion battle one woman at a time. The abortion clinic here performs 6 ABORTIONS A DAY. That's ONE KINDERGARTEN CLASS PER WEEK. pause here and think about that for a minute...

Not to get morbid here but abortion is what it is.

Those of you who know me know that I am one fun, upbeat redeemed woman. GRACE is huge in my life. JESUS is how I get up everyday and keep on going through the pain of fibromyalgia and rheumatoid arthritis. I can't imagine facing an unplanned pregnancy as a teenager. Yet, that is what I see on a daily basis. Here is a statistic that will absolutely blow your mind.

1 out of 4 teenagers have a sexually transmitted disease. (church going kids included)

Is that not amazing? When I talk with girls I remind them that they can survive pregnancy but not most STDs these days. Moms: talk to your kids about sex. Tell them that abstinence is the only thing that works. I see a lot of Christian girls who are involved in church, mission trips, and youth groups. The television culture is killing our kids. Talk to them.

Well, enough for now. I hope you will go to our webpage. Over the next few weeks I want to post the names of some great dvds you can use to reach your kids about dating, abstinence etc. Until then...

Blessings,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart