Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A New Chapter

After being a stay at home mom for 21 years I have re-entered the workplace. I haven't been this excited since Maybelline started making washable mascara in the seventies.

I am now the Site Director for Loving Choices. You can see our website at lovingchoices.org

I volunteered there as a peer counselor last year and fell in love with this incredible organization. We are a non profit crisis center founded by pro life Christians twenty years ago. What's so awesome is that I had been praying for specific things over the last year and God answered many of my prayers with this new position.

  • I prayed for something to do where I could make an eternal difference
  • I prayed for a small part time job where I could make some moolah
  • I asked God to use me in a way where I could share the gospel (this is my passion...I love evangelism)
  • I asked for a new adventure where my family could still be first

You should see our facilities. They are beautiful. One is right by the University and the other is north. (up yonder as my grandmother would have said) I will be working at the one north of my home. It's only a 30 minute drive and with my Travis cds, hey, it's a great time of praise!

So, if you would lift me up in prayer I will be your new BFF. Put me on a prayer list and I'll send you a Razorback memento. Which reminds me...gotta run. The Hogs are on tv.

Hogs and Kisses!

Jan

PSS Go to the website! I'd do a link, but don't know how. Yes, I'm pathetic but I have all my teeth :)

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart