Sunday, February 15, 2009

Happy Birthday Bill-O

Yes, I'm one month late in posting my eldest son's 20th birthday pics. So, sooooo me. Get it? Sue me? Sooooieeee? Okay, I had to throw that in since you can see the darling cake I ordered for Bill. He had a wonderful day. We went to Shogun's for dinner then we lavished ( chick word ) him with gifts. I had more fun shopping for him. I LOVE to buy men's clothes! They are so easy to buy...pants and shirts. What could be easier than that? Okay, I'm rambling now. I guess it's the talk of shopping.

My precious 20 year old--hard to believe!

Skip forward to the ice storm that hit us about three weeks ago. We were without power for 6 days. SIX STINKING DAYS. We piled the mattresses in the den and hung out together for 24 hours a day. Yes, you read that right. The first three days we couldn't leave because the roads were so bad. Trees were down everywhere. Our neighborhood has 80, 90, 100 year old trees. You can see from the pics the amount of damage. We cheered and threw kisses at the SWEPCO linemen as they drove into our neighborhood. I was never so glad to see anyone in my life!




Now, fast forward again to Valentine's Day yesterday.I made my man a strawberry pie. His favorite treat in the world. Now, I have to admit that I purchased the gel, the Pillsbury pie crust, but I DID wash and slice the berries and put it all together. And because I went to so much trouble, Hubs bought me my favorite thing in the whole world--A RUSSELL STOVER sampler. And to top if off, he found one with none other than Snoopy on it--it sure is nice to be loved, is it not?
I hope you have a great week and Jesus blesses you immensely.

Jan



Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart