Saturday, February 28, 2009

Healthy Heart

Hey there my sweet friends.

WE ARE HOME! THANK YOU LORD!

Kenneth went in for double bypass surgery on Wednesday morning at 5 am. The surgeons began at 7:30. Bill and I were surrounded by so many sweet people in the waiting area. I told someone that we could have held the Southern Baptist Convention right there and saved everyone the cost of airfare. It was wonderful to look around at all the men who love my big man. Sweet, sweet men six feet tall. Wonderful men who prayed without ceasing. I'm so thankful I could bust.

The surgeon finished in under three hours. They had to do three bypasses instead of two. But they were able to harvest veins from one leg instead of two. This was a real blessing because his recovery time will be less. The incision on his leg is from his ankle to his knee. (it makes my leg hurt just describing it) And, just like with my surgery this summer, they used SUPER GLUE to put him back together. Humpty Dumpty should come to our hospital. Really.

Later that evening they were able to take him off the ventilator. By the next morning he was sitting in a recliner. That afternoon he was walking. I am still in shock.

Anyone who thinks prayer isn't effective should talk to me. God was so good to us! My man is way ahead of schedule. He HASN'T HAD A PAIN PILL IN 24 HOURS. And the guy has a scar from his throat to his bellybutton and down one half of his leg. THEY SAWED THROUGH HIS STERNUM AND SPREAD HIS RIBS. Don't be telling me the Shephard doesn't take care of His Sheep. No sir. Don't even think about it.

So, we are home. Watching the snow. Sittin' in front of the fire. Ozzie is snuggled up next to me on the couch trying to decipher the hospital smell his Man Master is emitting. Dadgum betadine. You just can't get rid of it.

Hey--maybe I bathe my bod in betadine for that mid winter tan...

Thanks for your prayers, girlfriends. Love you all.

Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart