Monday, March 23, 2009

As usual, it's been a while since I posted. Facebook has taken over my computer life. We've had an incredible couple of weeks at our house. Hubs just continues to improve beyond anyone's expectations. He was back at the office last week for half days. I am so thankful to Jesus because I know it is answered prayer.

Bill was home last week for Spring Break. I love waking early in the morning and creeping by the boys' rooms when their doors are shut--it means they're in their own beds. Sleeping. Snuggled up with Ozzie. Safe at home.

Joe's spring break is this week. I have a huge bone to pick with the University about scheduling their spring break on a different week than every other stinkin' school in Northwest Arkansas but I won't go there. No, I WON'T GO THERE. Because, well, this is a happy blog.

Joe went to Kentucky with a friend for the week which means that Hubs and I have the house to ourselves. It's going to be extremely quiet around here. Probably too quiet-- but I have a lot of little things to catch up on around here so I shall use my time wisely, I hope.

Which brings me to a verse that I read this morning. "As we know Jesus better, his divine power gives us everything we need for living a godly life. He has called us to receive his own glory and goodness! And by that same mighty power, he has given us all of his rich and wonderful promises. He has promised that you will escape the decadence all around you caused by evil desires and that you still share in his divine nature." 2 Peter 1:3-4

I don't know about you but I took great comfort in that verse this morning. Just knowing that Jesus gives us EVERYTHING we need is a huge comfort--especially in this depraved world. I especially honed in on the last part of that verse which reads ...you still share in his divine nature. How many times have I forgotten that? Gotten so bogged down in the everyday worries of my life that I lose sight of who I am? In Christ?

All the promises that Jesus spoke of are mine. Mine. MINE! Oh that I would live like that. Hubs and I have talked alot about scripture since his surgery. We agreed that we take our blessings for granted far too often and that we don't claim the promises that Jesus has given us--free of charge! (that's something this thrifty gal can get her head around)

All of this to say that I hope you have a wonderful week. Bask in God's goodness--his name is Jesus. Grin.

Blessings,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart