Sunday, November 16, 2008

Hurry Up and Wait

I went out on a limb this week. I sent my manuscript to an agent. I may not breathe for six long weeks...

The crazy thing is that I've been sitting on this thang for months. Friends and relatives have read it. An editor friend has read it. Heck, I'd ask Ozzie for his opinion if he could read. (by the way he's been licking my feet for 9 minutes...I'm not kidding...NINE MINUTES...Hubs can verify this) But, back to the point of my latest random bloggable moment: I realized my problem this summer but I'm just now acting on it: I don't want the rejection letters.

I mean, how many of us wake up everyday and think, "Gee whiz, Oz, maybe I'll get rejected again today! Yoohoo!"

Of course we don't. But some rejection is inevitable, right? Lucky for us, we're never rejected by our Heavenly Father. Can I get amen, Kim? Patti? Georgia Jan?

So...I put on my big girl pants yesterday and starting writing my second book. Perhaps a best seller? Probably not, but it's great fun and fantastic therapy for this near empty nester. Oh yeah, and there's no sex or violence in my book. Just lots of southern fun in a small Texas town. (okay, Ozzie just stopped licking...it's been 14 minutes...seriously...this dog has some serious issues)

Have a good week my four or five readers.

Blessings,
Jannie

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart