Monday, September 10, 2007

Rain, Rain, Rain

Good morning ladies,

No. I did not attend the Deeper Still Conference in Nashville. I had a ticket, a motel room and the blessings of my DH, but a still small voice kept saying "you need to stay home". So...after prayer and confirmation from my DH, I stayed home. And boy...am I glad I did! We had some serious family time around here. We worked a 550 jigsaw puzzle of three cats (fleabags as my DH calls them) with the majority of the pieces being solid white. Then we watched it rain. Then watched it rain. Then watched it rain some more.

Did I mention that it rained? The LPGA tournament was at the Pinnacle Country Club just up the road. I felt so sorry for everyone involved. I think it rained the entire tournament. The only two living beings that haven't complained about all the water are Aquilla and Priscilla (our two koi that live in the backyard pond) and that's because they live in the water!

Joe is home with a cold today and with a bit of the "common crud" as we call it. I worked on a logo for my sister-in-law's new business venture. I haven't done any graphic design in a LONG time, so it was a treat to play with different shapes, typeface etc. on my computer.

One last note...our church just hired Kim Noblitt as our Music Minister. He wrote the song We are Saved by Faith and several others that we all sing. It was so exciting to have him lead in worship yesterday. I am anxious to see what he will bring to the already incredible mix of our church family. Our pastor has a great blog if you want to read it. Here's the address: http://www.ronniefloyd.com/ and click on his blog: Between Sundays.

Praise the Lord for His mercies that are new every morning!

Until tomorrow my five faithfuls,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart