Friday, April 17, 2009

Prom Time

Oh my stars! It's prom time at our house. Being the mom of two boys I never got to shop for the
all important prom dress. But...I always make the corsages and boutonnieres. I have more fun! I get my prom time fix with flowers. What can I say? My family owned a flower shop when I was little. I HATED WORKING THERE. Everyday after school I had to change the water in the cooler. Buckets and buckets and buckets of ice cold water. That, however, is another story for another time.


I had to meet the exterminator at the office this morning at 8:00. (today is my day off) I always sleep in 'til 7:00 on this day. I literally threw on my jeans and a tee shirt, brushed my pearly whites, put on my faithful flip flops and was in the car by 7:20. (this is important later in the story) and got there by 8:00. After he assured me that the ants from Sheol would die very soon I got back on the freeway and headed to Sam's to buy the roses. NO MAKE UP, NO HAIR...you get the picture. As soon as I stepped out of my car, one of the teachers greets me. Cute hair, make up, darlin' outfit etc. Did I mention that I stepped out of bed and into my clothes???


After a few pleasantries we both walked in Sam's. She headed to the back to buy the centerpieces for the prom tables. I saw a mountain of shoeboxes stacked by the swimsuits and turned left. Here's what I found for $9.00.

Aren't these adorable? And they had them in my size (5-6). I just luv me a bargain. And Tommy Hilfiger at that! So, even though my hair and face were not up my usual standards--my feet are! My faithful black flipflops are resting comfortably in the floorboard. And to think I'd never gotten them if I hadn't gone to buy the flowers to save money on a corsage .

Go figure.

Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart