Thursday, July 24, 2008

The Phone Call that Every Parent Dreads




We are praising God at our house today. Joe and a friend were returning home from the movies around 10 pm on Tuesday night when they fishtailed and hit a guard rail. The car flipped and went 50 feet down to the river. Both boys managed to get out of the car and swim to shore.
I'm not going to write much because, quite frankly, my nerves are shot. But I posted these pics because I wanted you younger mothers to see how faithful God is to answer the prayers of parents who pray for their childrens' safety everytime they get behind the wheel.
When Hubs got the call at 10:30 I was already asleep. I specifically asked the Lord to bring him home safely around 9:30 when my head hit the pillow. Everytime my son gets in the car I pray.
When Hubs arrived at the scene, there was a fire truck, ambulance, police cars and a news crew.
Divers had to be brought in so they could hoist the car out of the water.
When he got home he told us that he remembered an episode of Mythbusters that we watched last year on opening doors/windows in submerged water. You have to open the door immediately or wait until the car is at the bottom and the pressure is equalized. Joe and his friend opened the doors immediately. If they had not been wearing their seatbelts well...I won't even go there. Thank God they were.
We serve a faithful God. Even when we can't see Him at work, He always is. And for you gals chasing toddlers and elementary kiddos right now, begin to pray for their safety when they hit the tumultuous teen years.
Blessings,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart