Thursday, March 20, 2008

I DID IT

Well, I have completed a life goal...I finished the book that I have been writing off and on for 5, count them, 5 long years! And let me just say that it is only by God's grace that I was able to do it.

Being a stay at home mom for the last 20 years (am I that old?) has been such a joy. I cherish each and every memory--joyous and painful alike. After all, that is how God sharpens us, is it not? Never in all those years did I think I could actually write a novel--start to finish. I have a terrible habit of starting things and not sticking with them. Honestly, I never dreamed that I would still be blogging...

But, I did it. God used writing to help me through the death of my precious mother. She was diagnosed with brain cancer in May of 2002 and after two surgeries and a lot of recuperating with my family, she went home to Jesus in September of that same year. I thought it would be fun, for my sons, to be able to read about some of my family's wacky stories so I penned them.

One thing led to another and lo and behold I have 82,000 words that comprise a novel.

Wait 'til You Hear What I Heard is the title. It's Christian fiction (humor) and takes place in a small east Texas town, a small Baptist church, and a flower shop. (Betty's Bloomers) It is told from the perspective of an eleven year old girl who is coming of age in the seventies. Lots of DIPPITY DO, AQUA NET HAIRSPRAY, AND COCA COLA :)

Now, all I have to do is find a publisher! Honestly...if the Lord wants it published He'll publish it. He's opened some writing doors already.

I hope you Siestas have a wonderful Easter holiday praising our risen Saviour!

Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart