Saturday, March 8, 2008

Complete (well almost) Meltdown

I'm standing in the make-up aisle of Wal-Mart searching for a tube of mascara. My eyelashes are NAKED because my mascara is doubling as dust at the moment. I'm feeling a bit sassy because I clipped a 3.00 coupon out of Sunday's paper for my brand. I'd do the math here, but math and I do not get along.

I'm looking at every line of make-up known to mankind but for the life of me I can't find my mascara. Then--fear sets in. What if they quit making it? I can't switch now! I've been using the same brand since the 8th grade!

A sales associate in a bright blue May I Help You? vest says, "Can I help you find something?"
She's all of 17 and doesn't even NEED mascara--the nerve. I'm clutching my coupon for dear life and say, "I can't find my mascara. I've been wearing the same one since the 8th grade and I'm afraid they've stopped making it." Then she says, "Which one are you looking for, ma'am?" I show her the coupon and say, "It's hot pink with a green top. You can't miss it--it's been around since 1972." She takes the coupon and says "Ma'am this is a Cover Girl coupon. You're looking for Maybelline." After I scrape my mouth and dignity off the floor, I thank her and shuffle to the end of the aisle like Tim Conway.

If that wasn't enough, they were out of VERY BLACK.

The nerve...

Blessings,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart