Thursday, November 20, 2008

Tell Me I'm Not a Redneck, Please? Someone?

Okay...I checked out a book from the library this week on Southern expressions. I am using it for my second book. The description of the book also had the word REDNECK in it. I sat down last night with a cup of hot chocolate and promptly blew some out of my nose because I USE AT LEAST HALF OF THESE EXPRESSIONS ON A DAILY BASIS...

Oh my stars! I read them out loud to Hubs and he just shook his head. All this time I thought I was a southern gal, a Texan, an Arkansan--just pick one. But never a REDNECK...

Leave a comment if you are familiar with any of these. I am giving away a TEN DOLLAR SONIC CARD for those who comment. (only one of course...and it will be a random pick, I promise)


bleedin' like a stuck pig (quite hurt)

I'll clean your plow or I'll clean your clock (I'm going to kill you, son) not really...

come unglued (pretty upset)

diddly squat (none)

that dog won't hunt (that's not going to work)

petered out (tired)

my dogs are barkin' (my feet hurt)

punkin (term of affection)

shoog (term of affection)

youngin' (kid)

so mad I could spit (I don't think I have to explain this one)

this ain't my first rodeo ( I've done this before) ((let me just say that mothers of teenage sons say this quite often, yessirree))

and my sons' personal favorite: I'm headed to THE Wal-mart. Yes, I put "the" in front of everything...THE Sonic. THE Malco, THE Taco Bell


Gotta go. We're headed out to THE Marketplace for supper.

Blessings,
Jan

Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart