Tuesday, October 2, 2007

I'm Baaaaaaaaaaaack

Good morning my five faithful readers! I just realized that I haven't posted since September 18th...no wonder my house is so clean :) just kidding. Seriously though, I have been convicted about much time I've been spending in blogland and decided that I needed to re-prioritize a bit.
So....here's an update:

  • I cleaned out the garage. It was a mess and it depressed me each time I pulled in.

  • I sewed. (pics to follow)

  • I played substitute teacher at my son's high school.

  • I watched ALOT of SEC football and concluded that I wasted a lot of valuable sewing time.

  • I went to the dentist

  • I went to the female doctor (fun fun)

  • I ironed all of hubby's khakis and golf shirts.

  • I baked.

  • I spent valuable time with Bill while he was home from college one weekend

  • I dragged Joe (15) to Wal-Mart and made him push the cart (he was one happy teenager)

  • I went back to the gym (this was not pretty)

  • I took the dog to the vet for his annual immunizations where he promptly tried to take the vet's hand off with his big canine teeth (BAD DOG...BAD, BAD DOG)

  • I read three books.

  • I spent alot of time with my best bud who was back and forth between here and Kansas. (She moved if you recall my lamenting in earlier posts...which proves my theory correct: Arkansas is much more fun than Kansas because she keeps coming back here. Lizzy, if you read this, don't be mad...you know in your heart that I am correct and Dorothy and Toto were highly misinformed about Kansas)

  • But the best of all is that I almost completed my novel. I have three chapters left and I will have written my very first book which will probably remain in a box with a whole lot of rejection letters, but hey...if God wants it published, it will get published. Lucky for me, He has a whole lot more confidence in me that I do.
So, there you have it. That is how I spent my Bloggy Vacation. Notice the diaper bag. This is the girl's version (thank you, Captain Obvious) I also bought the blue polka dot fabric for the male couterpart. As of today, I have absolutely no one to give this bag to--but I will have it on hand when a friend's son or daughter "births" a baby girl which is happening more and more at my tender age (46). Just out of curiosity, what would you pay for a custom sewn diaper bag lined with pockets for a cell phone, diaper, bottle and wipes? Let me know. Who knows where this could lead???????






Uplifting stories from a Mom's heart